- This event has passed.
Horse Speak® and the Bio-mechanical Connection to Wellness and Performance
August 8, 2020 - August 9, 2020$150
Improving Performance and Well-being
with Sharon Wilsie and Sara Twickler, EqOT, CST, CMFT, B.S.
How do bio-mechanics, relaxation, and well-being relate to the relationship we have with our equine partners? Can your horse’s performance and well being be improved by combining support for mental, emotional and physical health? In this 2 day event, Sharon and Sara will provide attendees with the tools to recognize, understand, and support their horse’s total being. Each day will include presentations and live demos in an indoor arena.
- Cost: $150 for registrations received by July 15. $200 after July 15
- Space is limited to 25 attendees
- To register, email Vicky Gelinas or call 207-838-3085
Day 1: Introduction to Horse Speak® with Sharon Wilsie
- Learn the fundamentals of communication with equines using Horse Speak®
- Learn to encourage, recognize and support emotional releases in horses
- Discover the connection between understanding, compassion, rapport and performance goals.
- Live Demo
DAY 2: Sara Twickler and Sharon Wilsie
- Understand the connection between the emotional health and physical health of our equine partners
- Explore the scientific connections between mechanical, physiological, and emotional factors of equine health, wellness, comfort and performance
Sharon Wilsie, founder of Horse Speak®: Equine Body Language Specialist, and International Author. Sharon has enjoyed a professional career as a horse trainer/rehabilitation specialist, intercollegiate coach, and riding instructor. Her grandfather owned and raced Standardbreds, and her love for horses has been life-long. She has developed and implemented several programs over the last decade, including; volunteer training groups for horse rescues and therapeutic riding centers, Equine Assisted Learning course at Landmark College, as well as hundreds of workshops, seminars, and engagements in a variety of topics about Equine Facilitated Therapies, alternative training and rehabilitation methods for difficult horses and horses with PTSD. She worked with students of all ages, including at-risk youth programs. Sharon’s passion has always been to create a two – way street of mutual healing, awareness, and betterment for both horses and people. Sharon is also a Reiki Master/Teacher.
Sara Twickler, EqOT, CST, CMFT, B.S. Sara earned her B.S. in Molecular Microbiology/Mathematics from the University of Massachusetts. She has a diverse background of work history including 5 years of experience in the human dentistry field and commercial fishing in Maine and Alaska. Sara certified with Spencer Laflure in Natural Balance Dentistry in 2016, then advanced into the practice of Equine Occlusal Therapy in 2018. Twickler is also certified in Equine Kinesiology taping and in Equine Craniosacral Therapy. Her experience with horses spans over three decades and currently travels nation-wide to service her client’s horses.
- All current pandemic guidance from the state of Maine will be followed
- Attendees will required to wear face masks covering nose and mouth
- Social distancing rules will be observed
- Hands-on participation may be an option dependent on current pandemic guidelines